Call for Papers
2015 RMMLA Convention
SANTA FE, New Mexico ~ October 8-10, 2015
The Call for Papers for this convention will be open soon - please check back. The deadline to submit a proposal to a session chair is MARCH 1.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & DATES:
- APRIL 30 - IF YOU SUBMITTED A PROPOSAL TO A SESSION CHAIR, BUT HAVE HEARD NOTHING BACK BY
APRIL 30, PLEASE EMAIL RMMLA DIRECTLY.
- This online CFP contains all of the sessions -- regular and special topic -- that were received and
approved by November 1. Sessions may be approved and included after that date, however, so check back from time to time.
- MARCH 1 - Deadline to email your paper proposal directly to the session chair listed in the CFP. After this date,
you may also check with the chair to see if s/he is still seeking papers.
- NO ONE may read more than one paper, so if you have two or more papers accepted, please decide
which session(s) to drop AND contact the chair immediately so that s/he can find a replacement.
- MARCH 15 - Session chairs should select presenters and notify ALL who applied of their status. Session chairs begin to enter presenters into online program form.
- ALL sessions are open to all RMMLA members.
- Non-RMMLA members may propose a paper to a session chair, but...
- APRIL 1 - Membership in RMMLA is required of all session chairs and presenters, even those from the local host instititution(s).
- All session chairs and presenters, even those from the local host instititution(s), must also pay the applicable convention registration fee.
- Once you are a current member of RMMLA, you can log in and pay for convention registration; payment by May 1 is at the early, pre-registration rate.
- All Conference session rooms will be equipped with projector, screen and speakers. Presenters will need to bring their own laptops and VGA cable for MACs. It is suggested that you save your presentation to a flashdrive in case your panel wants to share one laptop to save time. There is NO internet provided or available in the session rooms.
- MAY 1 - Scheduling requests are due by email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND to session chair.
- NON-presenters/chairs from the local host institution(s), faculty and students, may attend sessions free of charge. A "Free Pass" will be sent to
local hosts; please bring this to the registration table for a badge.
- JUNE 1 - Deadline to apply for RMMLA Convention Travel Grants
- AUGUST 1 - Deadline to submit changes to the program AND deadline for regular convention registration rates
with all meal events included.
- An asterisk (*) indicates a Special Topic Session (approved on a year-to-year basis, open to all RMMLA members).
- A plus sign (+) indicates an Affiliate Organization (open to all RMMLA members).
- See Convention Procedures for more detailed information.
2015 RMMLA-SANTA FE Call for Papers - Open Soon!